Myanmar Young Leaders Programme
Please scroll down for links to the programme prospectus and online application form.
Can I apply?
- You are a mature young adult (usually between 24-35)
- You currently live and work in Myanmar
- You work for a community based organistion (CBO) non-government organisation (NGO), women’s organisation, labour organisation (union), or similar NGO/CBO in Myanmar;
- You intend to return to your organisation for at least one year after completing the programme and you have your organisation’s approval to join the programme (you and your organisation will NOT have to pay anything, all costs are paid by UnionAID)
- You have English language proficiency, equivalent to ≥5 IELTS or >35-45 TOEFL. This will be evaluated if you are selected for an interview and you are not required to have sat an IELTS or TOEFL exam to apply.
- You are a citizen of Myanmar and have/can obtain a passport valid February 2021
- Both women and men are encouraged to apply
Do you have these qualities?
- Demonstrated leadership ability and future leadership potential;
- A commitment to development and community work;
- A commitment to working with ethnic and religious groups other than your own;
- Open-mindedness, maturity and team spirit;
- Support from your employing organisation including a mutual commitment to continue your employment for one-year post-programme;
- You can identify a specific and relevant topic to research while in New Zealand, which would providethe basis of a fieldwork project to undertake on your return;
The Myanmar Young Leaders Programme is fully funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade