Mindanao Young Leaders Programme
Applications for the Mindanao Young Leaders Programme 2019 have closed.
Can I apply?
- You are aged 23-30 years and work in a community-based organisation or Non-Government Organisation (NGO) (for example a women’s organisation, labour union, social enterprise or environmental group)
- You currently live and work in Mindanao
- You intend to return to your organisation for at least one year after completing the programme and you have your organisation’s approval to join the programme (you and your organisation will NOT have to pay anything, all costs are paid by UnionAID)
- Your English language is very good – equivalent to ≥5.5 IELTS or >46-59 TOEFL. This will be evaluated if you are selected for an interview and you are not required to have sat an IELTS or TOEFL exam to apply.
- You are a citizen of the Philippines and have/can obtain a passport valid until May 2020.
- Both women and men are encouraged to apply
Do you have these qualities?
- Demonstrated leadership ability and a commitment to development and community work in the future.
- A special interest in an area of work, local or national challenge that you would like to study more deeply, including through contact with New Zealand-based organisations and experts. If selected this will form the basis of a change project you can undertake on your return to Mindanao.
- A commitment to working with ethnic and religious groups other than your own
- Open-mindedness, maturity and team spirit