Indonesia Young Leaders Programme
Applications for the 2019 Programme have closed, thank you for your interest.
Please check back in late 2019 for details about our 2020 programme
Please scroll down for links to the programme prospectus.
Who can apply?
- You are aged 20-30 years and work in a community-based organisation or NGO (for example a women’s organisation, labour union, social enterprise or environmental group)
- You currently live and work in East Indonesia (East and West Nusa Tenggara, Maluku and North Maluku, Papua, West Papua and all Sulawesi provinces)
- You intend to return to your organisation for at least one year after completing the programme and you have your organisation’s approval to join the programme (you and your organisation will NOT have to pay anything, all costs are paid by UnionAID)
- Your English language is good – equivalent to ≥4.5 IELTS or >400-413 TOEFL
- You are an Indonesian citizen and have/can obtain a passport valid till 1 July 2020
- Women and men are encouraged to apply
Do you have these qualities?
- Demonstrated leadership ability and a commitment to development and community work in the future.
- A special interest in an area of work, local or national challenge that you would like to study more deeply, including through contact with New Zealand-based organisations and experts.
- A commitment to working with ethnic and religious groups other than your own
- Open-mindedness, maturity and team spirit