UnionAID is a development organisation that is committed to empowering working people and young leaders to alleviate poverty and achieve social justice in Asia and the Pacific.
We are looking for two Young Leaders Programme Coordinators (one based in Wellington, one in Auckland) to work with our Programme Managers in the delivery of the Indonesia and Mindanao Young Leaders Programmes. The successful candidates will be directly responsible for key aspects of the programmes, including establishing and managing New Zealand based mentors and host families for the young leaders, event management, visa processing, and coordinating travel.
The role will be part time (20 hours per week).
The people we are looking for to join our team will have (among other attributes):
- A genuine interest in international development work, ideally supported by practical experience in international or community development
- Practical administration experience, ideally in a non-government or education organisation
- Proven ability to organise and undertake a diverse workload, managing constant and often competing work demands
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and organisational skills
- A positive attitude and be a team player
They will also:
- Be adept at building internal and external relationships, including with young leaders, staff, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Be familiar and competent with Microsoft Office Suite, and remote working software including Zoom, Teams, One Drive, Google Workspace tools.
If this sounds like you and you want to know more, please visit our website to get the Job Description for these positions. A Cover Letter which addresses the position description, and a CV, should be sent to the UnionAID Executive Director, Tim Sutton email@example.com by 5pm Monday July 25th.