Thanks to our generous donors and supporters, $42,600 in donations have been sent directly to groups in Myanmar through UnionAID’s networks. This supports workers to defy the military and remain on strike.
- One month’s financial support to sustain 454 workers participating in the Civil Disobedience Movement (CDM) strike action. This includes nurses, doctors, teachers, clerical staff, university staff, airport workers, railway operators, electricity technicians and garment workers.
- $2,500 to support a women’s network in Kachin state assisting people doing the CDM and protest actions
- $1,200 to support the Confederation of Trade Unions of Myanmar to hold flash protest actions
- $2,000 to provide medical care to protestors and CDM staff in Dawei
- $1,500 to provide medical supplies for internally displaced people in Kayah State