UnionAID is an international development organisation that is committed to empowering working people and young leaders to alleviate poverty and achieve social justice in Asia and the Pacific.
UnionAID is excited to announce the opening for the position of Cambodia Laos Young Leaders Programme Coordinator.
The Cambodia Laos Young Leaders Programme Coordinator will play a pivotal role in supporting and delivering a new programme aimed at developing highly skilled young leaders from Cambodia and Laos. This part-time, Auckland-based position involves managing various programme aspects, including mentoring and hosting arrangements, event organisation, travel coordination and administration. The role provides some flexibility to work from home.
- Managing logistics and administration for the programme, including visa processing and travel arrangements.
- Overseeing programme promotion, selection processes, and administration.
- Coordinating the young leaders’ setup in New Zealand, including financial and logistical support.
- Contributing to curriculum planning and potentially facilitating workshops.
- Organising events and extra-curricular activities in New Zealand.
- Overseeing the Auckland-based mentor programme and host family arrangements.
- Practical administration experience, preferably in a non-government or education organisation.
- Proven ability to manage diverse workloads and meet deadlines.
- Experience in recruiting and managing mentors or host families.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural experience.
- Strong interest in international development, ideally with practical experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills.
- High level of technological competence.
- Understanding of te ao Māori.
- A positive attitude, integrity, and a passion for international development.
If you have a genuine interest in international development and meet the above criteria, we encourage you to apply.
Please submit your application, including a CV and cover letter, via Seek, by Friday 23rd February 2024.
UnionAID is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.