UnionAID supports working people, advocating for their rights so we can have better work and a better world for all of us.
Together we can alleviate poverty and achieve social justice for working people in Asia and the Pacific.
What we do
Young Leaders Programme Coordinators (Wellington & Auckland)
UnionAID is a development organisation that is committed to empowering working people and young leaders to alleviate poverty and achieve social justice in Asia and the Pacific.
We are looking for two Young Leaders Programme Coordinators (one based in Wellington, one in Auckland) to work with our Programme Managers in the delivery of the Indonesia and Mindanao Young Leaders Programmes. The successful candidates will be directly responsible for key aspects of the programmes, including establishing and managing New Zealand based mentors and host families for the young leaders, event management, visa processing, and coordinating travel.
The role will be part time (20 hours per week).
The people we are looking for to join our team will have (among other attributes):
- A genuine interest in international development work, ideally supported by practical experience in international or community development
- Practical administration experience, ideally in a non-government or education organisation
- Proven ability to organise and undertake a diverse workload, managing constant and often competing work demands
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and organisational skills
- A positive attitude and be a team player
They will also:
- Be adept at building internal and external relationships, including with young leaders, staff, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Be familiar and competent with Microsoft Office Suite, and remote working software including Zoom, Teams, One Drive, Google Workspace tools.
If this sounds like you and you want to know more, please visit our website to get the Job Description for these positions. A Cover Letter which addresses the position description, and a CV, should be sent to the UnionAID Executive Director, Tim Sutton email@example.com by 5pm Monday July 25th.
Event: Curries for Burma
Paekakariki fundraiser! Curries for Burma 5TH MARCH 7PM Just turn up on night Queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks from Palau
Uong Yalap an AUT student from Palau did a short internship with UnionAID last year and has just made contact to acknowledge the “valuable skills” including time management (getting better
Good news from Myanmar: Young Leaders make us proud
UnionAID is very proud of our alumni whose recent community projects are changing lives and livelihoods and giving hope to the most vulnerable people. Recent examples are: WASTE TO GOLD
Event: Myanmar crisis: is there a pathway to democracy?
Two years on from the 1st February 2021 coup d’etat Myanmar is on a trajectory to a failed rogue state. The military junta continues to wage a brutal war against
Support UnionAID with your morning coffee
Here’s how WE can make a difference, every morning. Thanks to the good folks at Good Fortune Coffee Co. your morning coffee can now taste even better. For every bag
Scholarship dreams dashed by prison sentence
It is two years since the coup and the junta still does not have full control of Myanmar. This is because of the bravery and ongoing resistance of the majority