Other projects planned
The UnionAID Strategic Plan aims to work with other agencies (such as the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) aid agency (APHEDA) and local partners to develop other projects in our Asia–Pacific region.
Planning has already begun on options which include:
- A training programme for women leaders of Burmese migrant workers on the Thai border
- A work skills training programme for Agent Orange disabled youth in Vietnam.
- Occupational safety and health training in Vietnam and Laos.
- A joint Pacific programme with ACTU and SPOCTU (South Pacific Council of Trade Unions).
- A capacity building project for workers in an export processing zone in Sri Lanka.
- Trade union development and capacity building in Timor-Leste.