As we head towards our 10th Anniversary, we are inviting union members and supporters to commit to a small regular donation to make more of this work possible. These are our precious Kiwi Solidarity Donors.
Some highlights over the last ten years include:
- 4,000 Dalit workers in India have participated in worker co-operatives, doubling their incomes and freeing them from debt.
- Fiji garment workers minimum wage increased by 19% after our union partner’s campaigned.
- In Thailand nearly 2,000 migrant workers from Myanmar have received skills training and labour rights education.
- Backpay for manual scavengers in Tamil Nadu, equivalent to NZD$173,000
- Attend an event to present on UnionAID where possible/requested (by arrangement with SolidariTEA organiser)
- Provide the tea, leaflets, posters and promotional video (via a link)
- Follow up with those who offer to contribute.
What the organiser does:
- Promotes the event, invites workmates (use the poster, email, personal invitations)
- Hosts the SolidariTEA
- Introduces UnionAID and shows the video (unless UnionAID is attending)
- Invites colleagues to contribute – pass out sign-up leaflets
- Thank everyone for attending